According to Ellen: “Yes Ellen.” “I would love to Ellen.” “Whatever I can to help.” These are the words that I hear every time I call Jordan to host our family events. From the first family event until now, Jordan has had only one word for us. That being, “anything”. I can’t imagine an event without The Mint Agency‘s star power
According to Jordan:
1. How did you come to be involved with Jacob’s Ladder? I was approached by Ellen Schwartz in 2005 to help out with entertainment and the stage show for Jacob’s Ladder at the Carlu. It was hard to resist her charm :) . I was also doing some other events that year to help raise funds for Sick Kids Hospital, it just felt like the right fit.
2. What does your affiliation with Jacob’s Ladder and (Jake’s Gigantic Give specifically) bring to you? It’s one of those events that I look forward to each year. I loved watching the smiles on the kids faces while they bounced from activity to activity, to the dance floor to the giving areas. Now with the evolution of Jacob’s Ladder, I take a great deal of pride in watching both parents and kids learning valuable life lessons in giving.
3. What does giving mean to you? Giving is one of the most important assets I can share with others. It is a natural feeling of euphoria that can be appreciated by everyone. Those who can, need to give, as a society it’s the one thing we should all have in common. I would rather give than get.
4. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Laughter
5. Which living person do you most admire? My living hero to date is my Bubbie (grandmother) She has helped shape me into the person I am today. She spoiled me with love growing up and still to this day. I owe a lot of my “giving mantra” to my Bubbie.
6. Who are your heroes in real life? The world is full of hero’s, I think Crosby Stills Nash and Young said it best: “Teach your children well” . Every parent who teaches their children (our next generation of givers) the importance of charity, humility and giving is my hero.
7. What is your dream job (other than the one that you have now)? My dream job would be to invent candy or toys, the kid in me is always trying to take over.
8. What is the natural talent you would like to be gifted with? Music, I wish I could play every instrument well.